The Thank You Note – Episode 66
In this episode:
- A moment where I caught myself moaning/groaning about travel and bitching about weather
- Why marketing is built to make you feel inadequate
- The power of writing a thank you note
- How to craft a thank you note and who to send it to
Other than Amazon, how often is it that you receive something in the mail that isn’t marketing, a bill, a newspaper, or some form of advertisement?
In today’s age, a gesture as simple as a ‘Thank You’ is not only a rarity, it’s virtually nonexistent. Yet, I continually find that people are elated when they open a hand-written letter that someone took the time to mail. It’s so simple that it’s amazing people don’t do it more.
So, the question is, what can you do with a hand-written note? Here are a few ideas…
- Lay out a letter to be sent out at the end of the week and make a deadline to send it out to someone
- Follow up after getting someone’s business card
- Reach out to someone you’ve not spoken with in awhile
- Tell a friend why you appreciate them
- Give a client your gratitude for their business
- Stay in touch with a relative